Date: Thursday 14th July 2016
This is our first meeting of the South Asian Health Focus Group, held on Thursday 14/07/16. This was very well attended and thanks to all who participated. This group will beet monthly and the aims and objectives of the group are as below.
To improve mental and physical well being of south Asian communities in Liverpool.
- To raise mental and physical health awareness amongst South Asian communities in Liverpool
- To support South Asian communities to develop mechanisms to enable autonomy and choice for BME people affected by mental health issues
- To facilitate the development of skills for both mental health services and South Asian communities improve communication and challenge when needed
- To develop/facilitate and support community initiatives
- To improve relationships between South Asian communities and services
- To tackle the issue of mental health Stigma in South Asian Communities
- To advocate those who had been effected by mental health in South Asian communities
Some pics from the day!